CAMERAS & COVID
Can we or can't we?
As of June 29th most of Ireland re-opened its doors and life returned to a new normal. For the most part, video production can resume with some precautions. Hotels, bars that don't serve food and other accommodation services will not officially open until the end of July but there are some B & B's willing to take in guests because their accommodation is suitable and they can offer self catering. Campsites have resumed for self contained campers but on site facilities have not yet opened.
The highlights for COVID considerations on a production are as follows:
Before you start:
- Do as much pre-production and risk mitigation as is possible remotely.
- There's still a 14 day isolation period when traveling into Ireland.
- Plan for a skeleton crew - may mean doubling up on some tasks.
- Use local crews. Research the possibility of remote directing and site
- Discourage public transport use and make alternatives available if possible (no ride sharing!)
- Detailed daily shot lists minimize time on location - so run 'n gun may not be the best solution!